Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Lottery


I’ve been reading this same short story now for since 9th grade, I think the English department should talk about what grade reads what stories, so the students don’t have to read it year after year. The lottery is about a little town, who has a lottery every year but it’s the not the lottery we would expect, short story short at the end one person gets stoned as a human sacrifice, so the little town will get a good crop that year. I think the author of this short story was putting some people’s realities (in the time, maybe even now) on paper. I have to say though I always thought they sacrificed animals and stuff not humans. That’s my opinion I don’t see why you would kill someone but I guess if that’s in there beliefs we can’t judge because I’m sure someone doesn’t agree with our beliefs as Christians.

No comments: